Hi! I'm Victoria and I'm so happy you stopped by my little corner of the internet! Please feel free to get to know me further by clicking on the "About Me" link under the main header. I look forward to getting to know you, too! Things around my "home" (space) are still under construction so don't be alarmed. I'll be operating in full capacity in no time! Until then, I hope you enjoy the view! Whatever view that may be! :)
So sorry I have been absent this past week! I've been very busy for a very good reason! Almost one week ago, I became an Aunt again! It's been 25, almost 26 years since I first became an aunt when our sister had Jacob Michael, our nephew. Well, on Saturday, my twin sister delivered a healthy baby girl: Daphne Jennifer. And my world kind of stopped with her arrival! I've been at the hospital visiting them, at their house, to the Pediatrician with them....you name it I've been there! I love this little lady so so much!! She is just a peanut! She's adorable too! As you can see below. She is a good snuggler and likes to be close to you. I love snuggling her! It's been 10 years since I've really been around a newborn and I am in love! I just want to get my hands on her any chance I can get! So now I introduce to you Daphne Jennifer. Her middle name is from our sister Jennifer who was killed in a car accident 24 years ago. So it holds very special meaning. And she wears the name well! She even has beautiful dark hair like our sister, too! Truly, this baby is a beautiful little miss! Here she is.....
1. My sister is having her baby today! Yay! I get to meet my new niece in a few hours and I'm so excited!! She's having a little girl named Daphne. She will be so loved!
2. Ice cream...and cheesecake. I've been craving ice cream lately. And cheesecake! I should go to DQ and get some cheesecake ice-cream!
3. I've been sick this past week and it's no fun! I have a sinus infection and am on some high power antibiotics. I've been weathering a nasty headache off and on for about a month now. Just got the infection diagnosed last week. Now I've been taking the antibiotics and hoping, fingers crossed I start feeling better any day now!
4. Date night tomorrow! My hubby and I are going on a date tomorrow for dinner and a movie. Yay! It's been awhile since we've been out just the 2 of us so we've got a sitter and tomorrow night is our date night! We're going to Mark's Bistro in Omaha. Yum! Can't wait!
5. Spring weather! I know I posted this last week, but it begs posting again. I am in love with the weather we are about to have! Highs in the 50s and 60s!! It will feel like spring and that makes me happy! I'm also happy that it's March!! That means spring is right around the corner! Whoo Hoo! :)
Today I'm linking up with From This Side of the Pond for a Wednesday Hodgepodge. Some fun and interesting questions this week! Here we go!
1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you
do with your bonus day?
I’ve been sick so I caught up on my
sleep and rest that day.It was
2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and
bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to
come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
My dissertation work has grown by
leaps and bounds in the past 2 years.I started with a topic that wasn’t viable to one that makes so much more
sense and is very workable.It
will yield lots of good research and outcomes!
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if
you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars
this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture
nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The
Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If
you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
I didn’t watch the Oscars this
year.Typically I don’t.We did see The Martian and really liked
it.It was a good movie and should
have done better than it did.Since I didn’t watch the Oscars, I have no one in particular who I
thought was best dressed.I
haven’t really even been paying attention to the aftermath of the awards to see
who wore what, etc.
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your
top three tips on being a good houseguest.
It’s been a LONG time since we’ve
had overnight guests.Gosh, I
can’t even remember, outside of my sister staying with us, the last time we had
guests.My top 3 tips would be:
1. Keep the room nice and tidy.
2. A Thank you goes a long way!
3. Bring a gift card or nice bottle
of wine, etc to gift upon leaving.
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be
celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a
Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich,
or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
I will be celebrating because I
love peanut butter!I have a
peanut butter cup in the cupboard with my name on it!I also have some Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties cookies
that I will enjoy to celebrate the day! :)
6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?
Failure is important because that’s
how we learn to succeed and do better.Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but rising every time
7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
This weekend my sister is having
her baby so my new niece is being born!Also, my hubby and I are going out on a date! It’s been awhile since we
had a date just the two of us.I
am looking forward to it!A fun
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy March!Spring is almost here!!It’s in the air! :)
Saturday and Sunday we cleaned my office in the basement. Did a little spring cleaning if you will. I am really looking forward to having my space back and looking spotless. Well, as spotless as it can get with tons of Dissertation research hanging around! So we spring cleaned and organized my office! I couldn't wait to actually WANT to go down there and do my work and writing soon, too! I couldn't wait to dust it and have it smell better. Knock all of the dust and cobwebs out! Saturday we did all of the cleaning and Sunday I did all of the organizing. I had a mountain of research to go through and organize. And, it's all done! I am so happy with how my office looks and feels now! :)
Here's some before and after pictures...
BEFORE: (So messy!)
AFTER: (Clean, Organized and Ready to Go!)
We finally hung our Diplomas in the office! Such good motivation! :)
So there you have it! A good day of cleaning and organization! Couldn't have done it without my awesome hubby! He was such a BIG help!! Now I'm ready to go down there and work on my Dissertation. Make the magic happen! :)
<div class="grab-button" margin: 0 auto;">
<a href="http://victoriaviews.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">
<img src="http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac293/munchkin_land_designs/BlogDesigns2/Views100YearHouse/Views100YearHouseButton1.png" alt="Views From a 100 Year Old House">