Monday, July 29, 2013

Always a Bridesmaid....Oh wait....that's not right!


So needless-to-say, I survived the weekend!  I'm back!  It was a gorgeous weekend in Iowa the end of the week and weekend.  So we spent time outside and active. But, back to the original point of the post:  I can't say I'm always a bridesmaid, never a bride because yep, I'm married! And have been for almost 14 years.  Wow!  So I would say, always a bride (married), never a bridesmaid!  My sister's wedding will be like the 4th time I've been a bridesmaid and second time being a Maid/Matron of Honor.  And the last time I did this was 14 years ago before we got married!  So, I am super-excited to be in Alesha and Mark's wedding and be a bridesmaid again!  Especially after finding a FABULOUS dress to wear as I perform my duties as the Matron of Honor and party the day/night away!

The biggest item on the agenda for the weekend was shopping for bridesmaids dresses for my twin sis's wedding!  I couldn't help but think of one of my FAV movies during our morning/afternoon of brunching and dress shopping:



We met for brunch in the Big "O" and then went to David's Bridal for dress-trying-on-palooza!!  And we all settled on the ones we want for the big day!  My sister is letting us all choose what we want only they all have to be the color Plum, which is gorgeous!  So after many ins and outs of the dressing rooms, we all settled on THE ONE for the wedding!  Yay!  And we're all going to look spectacular!   I'm not going to share which one I chose until the wedding!  You know....cuz I like the suspense and drama! :)   But, it's beautiful and SO me!!!  Can't wait!

 I also can't wait to spend the wedding festivities with the bridesmaids Alesha has chosen because they are ALL my friends and we have a great time together!!  Lots of fun and laughs!   I didn't take too many pictures of our day-oh-fun, so sorry there isn't much to share.  But thankfully our time was better spent than theirs at the bridal shop:


One of the funniest parts of the movie!  Love it! 

So we laughed a lot of about this movie and some similarities that did happen that day, but it wasn't anything like the movie! :)  We all do bring such different personalities to the party!  Wedding party that is!  I should create one of these! 


Hmmm.....which one would I be!?  Probably NOT the "innocent one!"  HA!! 

It'll be here before we know it!  And lots of fun things in between.  In the meantime, THE DRESS for me is getting ordered this week!  Yay!  Can't wait to see it in the Plum color and ON ME in that lovely color!  We are all going to look AMAZING!  And we're going to be the best stone-cold pack of weirdos for Alesha that any bride has ever had stand up with her! :)

Happy Monday, friends!

1 comments:

alesha alvis said...

You SHOULD create one of these picture collages either before the wedding or after now that I have all of my bridesmaids chosen and confirmed!! That would be funny to see. I wonder what I would be named??? Hahaha!!!

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved